Saturday, January 20, 2018

The Fallen Kingdom by Elizabeth May

genre: young adult paranormal

Third Book in the Falconer Series so spoilers ahead.

The conclusion of Book 2 had me so intrigued I went immediately and bought this one, I had to know what was going to happen!  I read it in two days it was so good!

Aileana is back from the dead but with no memory of who she is or what she must do. But she knows there is SOMETHING, something so very important that she's forgotten. Within her is the knowledge of what must be done about the two warring fae monarchs: Aithinne and Kadamach, the siblings of incredible power who have nearly destroyed the realm.  If anything is to be done to save humanity, Aileana must remember and must be as brave as she's ever been to survive what the Morrigan has in store for her.

I really enjoyed this.  Yes, the more vampire-y elements of Kiaran's Unseelie curse got a bit of eye-rolling from me in my head but their romance is good stuff and the story itself is fast-paced and moving.  I had tears!  Twice!  The intricate climax worked for me and the ending felt just right.   I liked the moments of heart - where characters had to stretch where feelings were raw and explored.  This series was a great fast read for me and I'm glad I waited to start it until I could do it in one fell swoop.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...