Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller (audiobook)

genre: young adult fantasy

As the daughter of the Pirate King, Alosa knows how to get what she wants - and has no fear of doing whatever it takes to get it.  If she has to purposely let herself get captured so she can find something aboard a rival ship, so be it.  Being a prisoner isn't always a cup of tea, however, and life on this new ship is more frustrating than exciting.  It's going to require all her wit and cunning to both get what she needs and extricate herself from the entire situation.

I liked this audio very much, great narration.  Alosa is snarky and tough but with vulnerability too.  The plot moves pretty quickly and there were twists that surprised me.  In fact, halfway through the book one twist threw me for a bit of a loop and I had to readjust my expectations for the book, but it didn't spoil it.  I ended up finding it quite intriguing and while the romance wasn't perfect, the banter was good and I would love to see how the rest of this story plays out.

1 comment:

erin sheely said...

I really liked this one too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...